Sunday, May 09, 2021


As a mother I feel like EVERYDAY should be a day to remember your mom and all that she's done. I know that I could use a little more appreciation around my house. But then again couldn't we all? 

As I said in my other post, mothers are so underappreciated. Now don't get me wrong, I know very well there are single parents and those who are dad's. I'm just saying from my point of view, which I am a women who's a mother and my role in the family. Just wanted to put that out there. 

I guess for me it's like, do you really need a designated day to make you stop and appreciate your mom? I fee like you should be doing that all the time. I mean when you stop and think back to your life as a kid how do most of you remember it? Was your dad in that role more or was your mom? And what I mean by "role" I mean the one who basically held everything together as my daughter put it. As a wife and mother, I do find myself doing a lot around our house. Making the choices, keeping the house in order, paying bills, managing pretty much everything, taking care of the children, schooling the children. You name it, and I'm probably doing it. 

It's exhausting sometimes. And what do we get from it? Thing's like your teenage son saying "I don't know who I hate more, you or the boys" YES, those were his exact words said to me yesterday. And all because I wanted him to ride along with me out to the stores. My reason behind him tagging along was so we could practice driving! So I didn't even have a selfish motivate behind it! It was for his benefit! He did apologize and ended up going with me. But I was caught so off guard by the statement, and actually I was more upset by the fact that he said he hated his little brothers. Then I realized what he said. It's funny how when kids say things, or anyone in general you don't realize what you say and how much it could hurt someone, and sometimes it's too late. As a parent you just need to realize that they don't mean it and are saying because they are young and annoyed. Their emotions run high sometimes. I mean I'm totally guilty of saying things I don't mean, and a lot of times it's to my husband... So I took it with a grain of salt, but still stung a little. 

So I know this sound's like a terrible Happy Mothers Day post, but I'm just being real and honest. I love my family and my husband and my kids, just wish that they could see things from my eyes sometimes. 

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful mothers day, and let us  not forget those momma's who are pet momma's they don't have it any easier! 







 

No comments: